Not only do we love drinking Mac Ivors Cider while we cook, but we also love using it IN dishes too. Cider can bring out amazing flavours in a dish, with its natural sweetness and lovely crisp acidity. Marinades, sauces, glazes, why not give it a go!
We have a little page on ‘Cider and Food’ on our website if you’d like to check it out here:
We all know pork and cider go hand in hand, but there are plenty more cider recipes out there too!! Today we are trying out beef steak marinaded in delicious Mac Ivors Medium Cider. This gives a gorgeous sweetness to the steak – yumm!!
Try this super simple, absolutely delicious recipe yourself at home. Be sure and let us know if you have any delicious recipes with Mac Ivors Cider either by email or tagging us on social media @macivorscider.
- 300ml Mac Ivors Medium Cider
- 3 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Fillet Steaks
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour the mix onto the fillet steaks either in a zip lock bag or in a dish and cover
- Leave for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight in the fridge
- When ready to cook, simply take out the steaks and pan-fry or grill to your desired taste. Even better – if the sun is out, get the BBQ fired up!!
Serve and enjoy with whatever side you choose. Today we are going to go for sweet potato fries, tenderstem broccoli and, of course, a refreshing bottle of Mac Ivors cider to accompany – delicious!!!