Pancake Tuesday is upon us, a day of huge decisions – sweet or savoury pancakes? Lemon & honey or blueberries? Ham & Cheese or Maple syrup & Pecan? Thick or thin? All of the above?
Today is all about indulgence, and what better way to indulge than with delicious pancakes and a tasty cider. If you’re opting for a sweeter pancake, Mac Ivors Medium cider will be a perfect match. Our Traditional Dry cider will pair amazingly with many yummy savoury Crêpe styles.
We’ve even gone as far as making Mac Ivors Cider pancakes, with our award winning Mac Ivors Medium Cider going into the pancake batter. They tasted absolutely heavenly – with a really simple recipe, and all the ingredients available at your local SuperValu, why not give them a go yourself this evening! Let us know how delicious they turn out!
Ingredients (all available at your local SuperValu store)
- 200g Plain flour
- 1 ½ tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp of Nutmeg
- 1 tsp of Salt
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- 200ml Mac Ivors Medium Cider
- 200ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- Topping of your choice
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, Mac Ivors Cider, milk and egg
- Slowly pour the egg mix into the dry ingredients and fol gently until smooth
- Fold in the melted butter and then let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Heat a lightly buttered pan over medium heat and pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake
- Cook over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes or until the batter looks dry on the top and begins to brown at the edges, flip the pancake over (if you can) and cook the other side
- To finish it off layer the pancake with your favourite topping – Today we went for honey and walnuts – delicious!!!